MANDATE OF THE INDO-RUSSIAN CENTRE FOR BIOTECHNOLOGY
- To act as a platform to promote bilateral Indo-Russian cooperation in biotechnology and related fields.
- To function as a biotechnology incubator to promote technology transfer and commercialisation through a network involving R & D laboratories, financial institutions, industry and other agencies.
- To develop and update biotechnology databases of activities of Indian and Russian institutions, including joint projects, laboratory level technologies, patents, publications, prototypes and technologies ready for transfer and commercialisation.
- To organise bilateral activities like training programmes, workshops, demonstrations and exchange visits within framework of ILTP.
- To evolve joint projects for support through ILTP and/or other agencies.
- To initiate and organise industry sponsored R & D and consultancy in thrust areas of mutual interest.
- Publish relevant information for promoting technology transfer and commercialisation through print media, world wide web-paging and documentaries on research, application and commercialisation of biotechnology.
- To conduct bilateral research in the focussed areas of mutual interest in plant biotechnology , medical biotechnology and related areas.