The activities of the proposed Centre shall be overseen and monitored by Joint Programme Management Committee (JPMC) under the directions of sub-working group on biotechnology under the umbrella of Joint Council of ILTP. The composition of JPMC is given below:–
- Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Ministry of Science & Technology, Govt. of India also the Co-Chairperson of sub-working group on biotechnology under ILTP – Co-Chairperson.
- Joint Secretary and Financial Advisor, Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India.
- Prof. G. Padmanaban, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- Prof. Asis Datta, Vice-Chancellor, JNU, New Delhi.
- Shri Varaprasada Reddy, Managing Director, Shantha Biotechnics Pvt. Ltd., Serene Chambers, III Floor, Road No.7, Banjara Hills, Hyderabad-34
- Programme officer, DBT
- Programme Coordinator, ILTP-DST - Convenor
- Prof. V. T. Ivanov, Co-Chairman, Shomyakin Ovchinnlkov, Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry, RAS, Phone: 095-330-5638, Fax: 095-330-5692
- Prof. K. G. Skryabin, Centre “Bioengineering” RAS, Phone: 095-135-7319, Fax: 095-135-0571
- Prof. I. G. Sidirovitsch, Institute of Immunology, Phone: 095-117-8100, Fax:095-117-1027
- Prof. L. S. Sandakhchiev, State Research Centre of Virology and Biotechnology “Vector”, Phone: 383-232-4747, 383-236-7409
- Programme Coordinator for ILTP, RAS
- Programme Coordinator – Dr. V. V. Demin, Shemyakin-Ovchinnikov, Institute of Bio-organic Chemistry, RAS, Phone/Fax: 095-335-1511 - Convenor
- Programme Coordinator – Dr. D. B. Dorokhov, Centre “Bioengineering”, RAS, Phone: 095-135-6219, Fax: 095-135-0571
Terms of reference for JPMC
- Approval of the programmes/activities of the centre including the budget.
- Monitoring and evaluation of the programmes/activities approved for implementation.
- Deliberating and deciding on evolving strategies for technology transfer issues arising out of sharing of royalty, patents rights, execution of agreements with other agencies from time-to-time.
- JPMC may refer any issue to the sub-working group on biotechnology/ILTP joint council for their views and recommendations as and when required.
- The nominated members of the JPMC to have term of three years and to be reconstituted by mutual consent.
- The JPMC shall meet once in six months, alternatively in India and Russia.
Role of Coordinators
The co-ordinators shall be responsible for
- Convening the meeting of JPMC.
- Preparation of calendar of activities on yearly basis for approval by JPMC.
- Implementation of approved activities of Centre.
- Monitoring and submission of progress reports.
- Manage day to day affairs of the centre.
- Management of funds including release of funds and submission of financial statements to JPMC.